Working as a member of the NC State Student Centers team, students gain valuable experience and develop skills that can be transferred to their individual career paths.
NC State Student Centers as a department prioritizes students leading operations. Working for the NC State Student Centers not only provides a flexible schedule but also provides a dynamic environment to learn and enhance skills that will benefit you now and in the future.
Positions with NC State Student CentersView all open positions
NC State Student Centers is a part of Campus Enterprises, which offers other student employment opportunities. Other groups housed within Witherspoon and Talley may also be hiring.
NC State Student Centers Learning Objectives
- Promote a diverse environment where all feel welcomed.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to a diverse audience including peers, supervisors, and guests.
- Engage with others to create a welcoming environment.
- Respect beliefs, ideas and viewpoints different from their own.
Develop Transferable Skills
- Help students develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills transferable to future goals.
- Identify and articulate personal and professional skills developed through the employment experience.
- Demonstrate initiative and work autonomously to achieve department goals.
- Enhance transferable skills through leadership and supervision of others.
- Recognize current resources and identify needs to successfully accomplish tasks.
Practice Critical Thinking
- Provide students with an environment to practice critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Make informed decisions through critical and creative assessment of a situation.
- Prepare for the unexpected and manage time effectively.
- Develop, communicate, and execute a plan; reflect and articulate on decision-making process.
- Apply emergency procedures to ensure the safety of others.
- Develop skills relative to future goals through experiential learning.
- Increase awareness of campus resources available to students, faculty and staff.
- Obtain and apply information related to their job at NCSSC.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Utilize campus resources for personal and professional development.
- Experience a sense of belonging and express pride in our community.
- Promote the Wolfpack community by creating a welcoming and warm environment for others.
- Work cooperatively with others as a leader or member of a group towards a common goal.
- Take pride in their work, respect the facilities, and set an example for others to follow.