The Witherspoon Student Center is named after Augustus M. Witherspoon to honor his dedication of mentoring students while serving as an outstanding researcher, professor, and community leader. Augustus M. Witherspoon was the first African American professor at NC State and the second African American to receive a PhD from NC State.
The Witherspoon Center was completed in the fall of 1990. The facility is home to the NC State African American Cultural Center as well as Student Media, Passport Office, Military and Veteran Services and the campus cinema.
- Tue (1/26): 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Wed (1/27): 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Thu (1/28): 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Fri (1/29): 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Sat (1/30): 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Sun (1/31): 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Mon (2/1): 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Witherspoon Student Center is situated near the bus stops at:
- Cates Ave at Witherspoon Student Center
- Dan Allen Dr at Witherspoon Student Center
- Dan Allen Dr at Lee Lot
These stops are serviced by campus Wolfline buses.
Visitor parking is available at the Coliseum Parking Deck and the hourly pay lot at Bragaw Hall.
Witherspoon Floor Plans
For assistance finding your destination:
- Visit the Information Desk in the main lobby of Talley Student Union
- Call 919-515-3138
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Witherspoon Student Center