Centennial Operations Assistant
Job Title: Centennial Operations Assistant, Tier 2
Location: Hunt Library
Supervision: Darren Boone, Operations Coordinator
Work Schedule: Varies based on event schedule; 8-20 hours per week during evenings (Monday to Friday from 2 pm to 12 am) and weekends; occasionally special hours apply
Compensation: Minimum starting wage $9.25/hr with opportunity for raises based on years of service within Campus Enterprises
Campus Enterprises Expectations: As student employees with Campus Enterprises we expect you to be professional and be present for your shifts. This includes but not limited to:
- Arriving early for shifts
- Having on a complete uniform
- Clocking in and clocking out in a timely fashion
- Cell phones are only used at appropriate times
- Prioritize the client
- Finish all duties before taking a break
Purpose: NC State Students Centers works to create a memorable experience for all students, guests and alumni here at NC State. We strive to provide a clean, safe and welcoming environment for the NC State community. In support of the university’s educational mission, we serve as a cornerstone for student growth, learning and involvement through the highest quality service and facilities.
Essential functions and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set up and maintain event spaces in Hunt Library, including the Duke Energy Hall
- Provide a superior level of customer service and audio/visual services for events in Hunt Library
- Maintain event-ready, organized, and safe event spaces and work areas
- Properly set up and store equipment (tables, chairs, A/V equipment) in accordance with client and supervisor expectations
- Use problem solving skills to provide event adjustments for clients in a fast-paced setting
- Troubleshoot A/V equipment as needed
- Plan ahead and manage time to ensure smooth transition of room setups between events
- Communicate effectively with NC State Student Centers staff to ensure event success
- Perform minor housekeeping duties
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
- Work special events and perform other duties as assigned by Campus Enterprises administration
- Remain in compliance with NC State Student Centers student employee policies and expectations at all times
- Current NC State University student with a flexible schedule
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of basic A/V functions such as computers, microphones, sound systems, projectors, lights, touch panels, and light boards
- Ability to carry, push, pull, and roll up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work autonomously to serve a diverse population
- Elevated oral and written communication skills
- Must attend mandatory staff meetings, student employee orientation, and training sessions
Working as a member of the NC State Student Centers team, students gain valuable experience and develop skills that can be transferred to their individual career paths. NC State Student Centers has developed student employee objectives and corresponding learning outcomes that outline the development opportunities student employees can expect. These objectives and outcomes can be found at go.ncsu.edu/studentemployment.
While we seek to provide development opportunities for student employees there are direct benefits of working for Campus Enterprises. As an employee, you have the ability to connect and network with many different clients and companies. There are also many opportunities to be promoted and move up in pay and responsibility.
- Cover letter
If you are hired you will need certain documents for the onboarding process. A complete list of these documents can be found here!
Campus Enterprises at NC State University Hiring Standards
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Apply for this position (opens in a new tab)