Job Title: Operations Manager (Tier 3)
Location: Talley Student Union and Witherspoon Student Center
Supervision: Reports to the Building Manager and Allison van den Berg, Operations Coordinator
Work Schedule: Shift-Based schedule; 8-20 hours per week between 7am and 1am; includes nights and weekends; occasionally special hours apply
Compensation: Minimum starting wage for Operations Manager is $10.00/hr with opportunity for raises based on years of service within Campus Enterprises
Campus Enterprises Employee Expectations: As student employees with Campus Enterprises we expect you to be professional and be present for your shifts. This includes but not limited to:
- Arriving early for shifts
- Having on a complete uniform
- Clocking in and clocking out in a timely fashion
- Cell phones are only used at appropriate times
- Prioritize the client
- Finish all duties before taking a break
Purpose: NC State Student Centers works to create memorable experiences for all students, guests and alumni here at NC State. We strive to provide a clean, safe and welcoming environment for the NC State community. In support of the university’s educational mission, we serve as a cornerstone for student growth, learning and involvement through the highest quality service and facilities.
Essential functions and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Lead Operations Crew
- Lead crew in conference and meeting room setups ensuring all setup and safety guidelines are followed
- Develop and distribute plan of action and assigned roles
- Report any employee injuries to Building Manager
- Communicate completion of setup to Building Manager for audit and approval
- Train operations crew on Standard Operating Procedures during shadow shifts
- Identify areas for improvement and continue training as needed
- Provide timely feedback for performance of operation assistants
Assist with Operations of Talley Student Union & Witherspoon Student Center
- Setup, strike, and clean conference and meeting rooms according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Setup conference and meeting rooms based on information in 7PointOps and Social Tables and according to Standard Operating Procedures (tables, chairs, etc.)
- Review room and equipment for any maintenance issues and report as needed
- Setup and test all AV equipment in conference and meeting rooms (i.e. laptops, projectors, touch panels)
- Greet and assist client in making any changes to the event setup
Customer Service and Standard Employee Expectations
- Uphold a superior level of customer service
- Greet clients and serve as main point of contact for duration of the event
- Proactively interact with students and guests to answer questions about NC State University and NC State Student Centers
- Use problem solving skills to provide event adjustments for clients in a fast-paced setting
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by Operations Manager or Campus Enterprises administration
- Carry necessary equipment at all times (i.e. Radio and keys)
- Remain in compliance with NC State Student Centers student employee policies and expectations at all times
- Previous experience as Operations Assistant or Ballroom Assistant or Event Assistant/Manager is preferred
- Current NC State University student with a flexible schedule
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Ability to carry, push, pull, and roll up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work with a team to serve a diverse population
- Elevated oral and written communication skills
- Must attend mandatory staff meetings, student employee orientation, and training sessions
Working as a member of the NC State Student Centers students gain valuable experience and develop skills that can be transferred to their individual career paths. NC State Student Centers has developed student employee objectives and corresponding learning outcomes that outline the development opportunities student employees can expect. These objectives and outcomes can be found at go.ncsu.edu/studentemployment.
Applicants with no previous experience with NC State Student Centers will be hired as an Operations Assistants in Training (Tier 1). Upon completion of onboarding, training, 200 hours of employment with NC State Student Centers, at least 2 professional development workshops, and skills assessments, students will have the opportunity to apply for a promotion to Operations Assistant (Tier 2).
While we seek to provide development opportunities for student employees there are direct benefits of working for Campus Enterprises. As an employee, you have the ability to connect and network with many different clients and companies. There are also many opportunities to be promoted and move up in pay and responsibility.
- Cover letter
If you need assistance creating or editing a resume please click this link. For cover letter support please click here. If you are hired you will need certain documents for the onboarding process. A complete list of these documents can be found here!
Campus Enterprises at NC State University Hiring Standards: NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Apply for this position (opens in a new tab)