About The Den at Harris Field
This initiative is a collaboration between NC State Capital Projects, Grounds and Building Services, Student Centers, the Division of Academic and Student Affairs, Emergency Management and Mission Continuity, and Coca-Cola. The concept is to provide an appropriate temporary outdoor space where students can socialize in a time of social distancing. Sand was added to the field to keep the space from getting muddy, and to allow the space to be re-turfed easily at the end of the semester.
If you’ve visited The Den at Harris Field and have feedback or questions, you can submit both here.
Hours of Operation
- Outdoor Lounge available for use (weather permitting) Monday – Sunday 7am-10pm
- Fire Pits and Games available for use (weather permitting) Thursday – Sunday 5pm-10pm
- Requests to reserve the space for programming or events will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Please visit the Rave Events website to submit a request.
Weather Closure Guidelines
- The Den at Harris Field will be closed if any of the following weather conditions apply:
- Temperatures below freezing (32 degrees fahrenheit)
- Steady rainfall
- Lightning within 10 miles
- Wind speeds in excess of 15 miles per hour
- Face Coverings must be worn at all times. If you do not comply, you will be required to leave.
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning materials will be available through the Onsite Manager Thursday – Sunday from 5pm-10pm.
Games Available for Check Out
- Corn Hole
- Ladder Ball
- Playing Cards
- Giant Jenga
- Giant Checkers
Fire Pit Guidelines
- Fire pits cannot be operated without Onsite Manager present – do not attempt to turn on fire pits or adjust them without Onsite Manager assistance.
- No flammable materials allowed on or near fire pits when in use.
- If fire pits are used to roast marshmallows, users are responsible for cleaning up after themselves.
- If your fire pit stops working while in use, please ask the Onsite Manager for assistance.