Job Title: Operations Assistant In Training (Tier 1) Operations Assistant (Tier 2)
- Effective July 19th, 2019 applicants with no previous experience with NC State Student Centers will be considered for Operations Assistant In Training Position. See “Opportunities for Skill Development” for more details.
Location: Talley Student Union and Witherspoon Student Center
Supervision: Reports to the Building Manager and Allison van den Berg, Operations Coordinator
Work Schedule: Shift-Based schedule; 8-20 hours per week between 7am and 1am; includes nights and weekends; occasionally special hours apply
Compensation: Minimum starting wage for Operations Assistant In Training is $8.50/hr and starting wage for Operations Assistant is $9.25/hr with opportunity for raises based on years of service within Campus Enterprises
Campus Enterprises Employee Expectations: As student employees with Campus Enterprises we expect you to be professional and be present for your shifts. This includes but not limited to:
- Arriving early for shifts
- Having on a complete uniform
- Clocking in and clocking out in a timely fashion
- Cell phones are only used at appropriate times
- Prioritize the client
- Finish all duties before taking a break
Purpose: NC State Student Centers works to create memorable experiences for all students, guests and alumni here at NC State. We strive to provide a clean, safe and welcoming environment for the NC State community. In support of the university’s educational mission, we serve as a cornerstone for student growth, learning and involvement through the highest quality service and facilities.
Essential functions and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with Operations of Talley Student Union & Witherspoon Student Center
- Setup, strike, and clean event rooms based on information in 7PointOps and Social Tables and according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Review room and equipment for any maintenance issues and report as needed
- Setup and test all AV equipment in conference and meeting rooms (i.e. laptops, projectors, touch panels)
- Greet and assist client in making any changes to the event setup
- Help maintain safety, cleanliness, and appearance of Talley Student Union and Witherspoon Student Center
- Previous experience as Ballroom Assistant is preferred
- Current NC State University student with a flexible schedule
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Ability to carry, push, pull, and roll up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work with a team to serve a diverse population
- Elevated oral and written communication skills
- Must attend mandatory staff meetings, student employee orientation, and training sessions
Working as a member of the NC State Student Centers students gain valuable experience and develop skills that can be transferred to their individual career paths. NC State Student Centers has developed student employee objectives and corresponding learning outcomes that outline the development opportunities student employees can expect. These objectives and outcomes can be found at go.ncsu.edu/studentemployment.
*Applicants with no previous experience with NC State Student Centers will be hired as an Operations Assistant in Training (Tier 1). Upon completion of onboarding, training, 100 hours of employment with NC State Student Centers and a skills assessments, students will have the opportunity for a promotion to Operations Assistant (Tier 2).
While we seek to provide development opportunities for student employees there are direct benefits of working for Campus Enterprises. As an employee, you have the ability to connect and network with many different clients and companies. There are also many opportunities to be promoted and move up in pay and responsibility.
- Cover letter
If you need assistance creating or editing a resume please click this link. For cover letter support please click here. If you are hired you will need certain documents for the onboarding process. A complete list of these documents can be found here!
Campus Enterprises at NC State University Hiring Standards: NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Apply for this position (opens in a new tab)